Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsFinance & Control
Investing with purpose: Triple Jump welcomes passionate professionals
Triple Jump, a Dutch impact investment manager with a global portfolio, is looking for a:
32-40 hours per week, initially for one year, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Since the start in 2006 we followed our own unique path as impact-investors, driven by the belief that we have a role to play in solving global challenges. Today, Triple Jump thrives as a close-knit group of passionate professionals dedicated to making a positive difference. From our six offices across the globe, we collaborate closely, combining our expertise and shared commitment to leave a lasting footprint. Our main goal is to make the most of our investments and support incredible projects that help communities worldwide. We value a can-do attitude and a strong sense of determination, and we encourage a work culture centered around efficiency, collaboration and impactful results. To achieve this, we welcome passionate new Jumpers who want to play a crucial role in shaping our future.
The Financial Accountant is responsible for the reporting process, including the closing process, and for the budgeting process as a member of the Finance Team. As Financial Accountant, you are furthermore responsible for:
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly management reporting a.o. by loading and reconciling the Reporting tool;
- Responsible for the annual budget cycle; actively liaison with budget owners and key players within the organization to ensure proper input;
- Responsible for planning of the reporting and budgeting cycle;
- Design and maintain proper set-up of the GL accounts for each entity;
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of the B/S and P&L accounts;
- Ensure the monthly and year-end closing process across the multiple entities and locations, perform and own the key controls that apply;
- Perform the annual audit cycles for the company and related entities, review and finalize all Financial Reports and external audit;
- Responsible for control and submission of required regulatory reports for DNB, AFM, Tax Authorities etc.;
- Act as the right hand for the Manager Finance and Control by providing relevant inputs for the financial analysis and forecasting;
- Function as a Super User for the reporting and budgeting tool and be the counterpart for the accountant and tax advisor;
- Responsible for the data integrity and its maintenance and actively participate in Process improvement initiatives.
In everything you do, you will be applying your experience and knowledge of the organizational structure, statutory accounting and management reporting.
- Education at least college (HBO) with a degree of accounting and/or finance;
- Experience in working in a multinational and multilocation organization;
- Basic knowledge of Dutch VAT;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (Dutch GAAP);
- System literacy and comfortable as Super User;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch preferred;
- Disciplined, organized, accurate, attention to details and team player.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people from racialized communities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you are excited about this role but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
Triple Jump offers you
- A salary competitive for the impact investing sector, 13th month, plus benefits such as a variable part up to a maximum of 10% of your salary. The package includes 28 days of annual leave, based on a full-time contract;
- A dynamic, multi-cultural and collegial working environment;
- Social activities such as weekly boot camp and an annual team week where all staff gathers in Amsterdam;
- Good work-life balance in the Amsterdam Area.
Are you interested? Please send your application to Jeanette Bouman, HR Manager, before September 30, 2023 via https://jobs.triplejump.eu. More information about the position can be obtained through Jeanette Bouman (HR) at +31 20 220 2806.